Yeap, it’s my birthday. I’m turning 23 in about one hour.
I’d like to take the time to list some of my most recent accomplishments, which have changed my life from a 20 years old teenager, getting drunk and trying to get lucky, to a proud father, passionate husband, and uprising marketer.
I came to this country in April of 2006 to work as a waiter for the Sanderling Resort, in the Outer Banks of NC. I start 2009 as a business owner, with a 2nd degree on its way, and an increasing revenue stream.
So, from the time I turned 22, to today, these are the things that marked me the most:
- 5 days before I turned 22, I got married to Anastasiya Bezugla, my beautiful Ukrainian bride.
- On May 20th, my son Leonardo Bezugla Saraceni was born!
And the thought of a family of my own triggered the $ sign on my head. I want to give them the best; I want to take them to Brazil, to Ukraine, and my son to go to the best schools, have the nicest toys…
And I’d not accomplish that by bartending or bookkeeping. Not a chance!
- I started my own importing business: I had everything set up, contacts, vendors, business plan: the US customs pratically shut me down I did not have enough knowledge or capital to face the US Customs.
But I realized I had become psychologically unemployable, and began my search for my own business.
Without much research (I knew nothing about the industry),
My learning curve has grown exponentially. I’ve come to “know” amazing marketers, and their inspirational stories. And even though my sleep time has reduced drastically, I feel more alive than ever by the amount of knowledge I am just going to DEVOUR to succeed in this business.
Finally, something I can control: my success (or lack of) is my responsibility. Nobody else’s. No bosses, no schedules, no limitations. Only me and what I can learn and do.
By the time I turn 24, I’ll be enjoying my family more than ever.
Here are the reasons why:
- I’ll have my second degree (the first on a non-native language)
- I’ll dominate my niche and position myself as a leader, which will guarantee me a place amongst the top earners.
- My Social Media (facebook / twitter) participation will bring a steady stream of business partners and generate enough passive income to allow me to focus on what interests me only:
Family, Learning, Cooking, Jiu-Jitsu, and Wines.
Keep close attention, this year-to-come, I’ll become a major part of your business plan.
Don’t believe me? Leave your opinion below, I’ll make sure to reply.